Adam M. Erickson
|914 Benston Rd. Whitehall, MI firstname.lastname@example.org||(231) 343-7221|
Technical professional providing expertise in completion of systems designs, software development and enterprise wide implementation of projects for clients. With over 10 years of experience in Information Systems and Application Development from various industries.
Master of Information Systems Management, Ferris State University, Dec 2013
Bachelor of Science Information Systems, Ferris State University, Dec 2011
Associates in Computer Programming, Muskegon Community College, Dec 2006
Software Engineer, Production Support , Mar 2015 – Dec 2016
Gordon Food Service , Wyoming, MI
- Java Software Engineer and Support – Using Agile SDLC and working within a team of 10 developers to continuously improve the warehouse management system (WMS) and provide support to over 100+ internal customers. Communicated technical objectives to management. Implemented direct emergency changes to the code to support uptime of distribution centers. Implementing functional enhancements and performance improvements Monitoring outages using reporting tools and methods required to recognize service outages and restore access within Service level Agreement (SLA). Additional development & troubleshooting technologies Included: Auto-CAD, Confluence, Crucible, Eclipse, Fisheye, Jenkins, Jira, Junit, Linux, Maven, Maximo, PL/SQL, PowerShell, Shell, Spring MVC, SonarQube, Subversion SVN, SQL developer, Swing and WebLogic.
- Quality Control Engineer – A leading role for the team’s software quality standards and practices for the WMS. Maintaining problem resolution standards according to team established coding standards. Documenting metrics with the team and preparing for internal and external reviews by quality assurance auditing teams.
- Project Coordinator – Coordinated with representatives for 17 distribution centers to formulate annual operating budgets. Relayed and recorded in scope devices. Delivered to executives capital and operational expenses in the warehouses. Supervised new project to acquire, design, release and document a mobile deployment web solution. Released solution to several centers concurrently.
Application Developer, Information Systems Consultant, Jan 2012 – Mar 2015
IBM, Lansing, MI
- Coca Cola Corporation: DevOps Coordinator –Within a team of 20+ of remote and local colleagues to developed and deployed the new My Coke Rewards web application. Coordinated release management and additional development operations. Reported release cycles to developers, project managers, architects, and test engineers. Improved time to deploy from an hour to a few minutes using Shell scripting and Jenkins CI. Created tests using JUnit and Python. Worked with lead architects to move web application to AWS. Additional technologies used included: Ant, Apache, Eclipse, Java, Junit, Linux, Maven, Splunk, SVN, Swing MVC, Trac and Tomcat.
- Best Buy Corporation: Information Systems Architect – Professional advisor for collaboration tools, workflow management tools and product quality management solutions during the Macro Phase. Contributed IBM and Microsoft solutions for the product quality department. Maintained technical preparation for design workshops and conference room pilot sessions. Collaborated to consolidate and document non-functional requirements. Designed and presented proof of concept using SharePoint 2012, MS Access 2012 and IBM Connections.
- Morgan Stanley Smith Blarney Integration: Test Engineer – Leaded meetings with clients around the world to analyze business requirements. Designed and monitored tests across multiple investment and retirement fund management applications. Recorded tests execution and created executive reports from key testing metrics. Technologies used: HPQC and MS Excel.
- Consumers Energy, Smart Metering solution: Systems Analyst – Created functional specification SAP reports. Reports required: dependencies reports, process flow diagrams, validation, error resolution, security requirements, UML models, functional testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing, sample output, business rule to data mapping, role to position mapping and additional required technical documentation for initial release.
Systems Administrator, Sep 2009 – Feb 2010
DDM Marketing, Grand Rapids, MI
- Performed conversion of servers into the VMware environment to reduce downtime and allow for HA failover and managed ESX upgrades.
- Server Infrastructure hosted websites & email for 200+ clients.
- Planned, procured, installed and administered tools to maintain systems up time and monitored systems to recognize downtimes and restore service based on SLA.
- Support for systems and 25 mobile billable employees at all times.
- Technologies used: Linux Servers, IOS, Windows SBS 2008, Windows Exchange 2008, Shell, Nagios, PHP, Perl, Apache and MySQL and Samba, VMware Server ESX. Protocols: IPsec, PPTP VPN, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and FTP.
Information Technology Technician, Jan 2005 – Sep 2009
Great Lakes Die Cast, Muskegon, MI
- Managed maintenance for all Linux, Windows 2003, SQL 2005, VOIP and WatchGuard Firewall Servers.
- Creating backup and recovery plan for all servers and upgrades from Windows Server 95 to Active Directory Window server 2003.
- Developed and implemented intranet site to support information sharing across all departments.
- Administered several Microsoft servers NT-2003, including SQL, Auto CAD, Exchange, Active Directory and Telecommunications.
- Trained personnel in such areas as: making adjustments to improve production. Including the scheduling and coordinating of data entry operations for optimal use of workstations and print devices.
Squad Leader, Jul 1996 – Oct 2000
U.S. Army , Fort Bragg, NC
- Managed a team of 7 members, educating and applying hands-on training for them to succeed in combat operations
- Successfully completed Basic Leadership Course
- Offering free technical consulting and development to non-profit organizations in West Michigan
- Continuing education in Java, Web Development, Android Application Development and Project Management